For group rates contact email@example.com
What the Course is About
The Service Excellence in Aviation course is an introductory level course that provides participants with a basic understanding of what is service excellence within the airport and airline industry, the benefits of embracing a service excellence culture and how this can be implemented in day-to-day experiences within the aviation business scenario.
Whilst customer service is all about meeting customer needs, service excellence is all about meeting and whenever possible, exceeding those needs and expectations, on a consistent basis. Nowadays service excellence is becoming an expected feature within any service industry and this also applies for the aviation industry.
Service excellence is inherent in each ‘moment of truth’ taking place at every point of the passenger journey starting from the airport and continuing onboard the aircraft. Being aware of the different passenger needs and expectations and being ready to compensate for any encountered pain-points will assure passenger loyalty and engagement. The customer is to be happy with the experience itself and this will be imprinted as a positive ‘brand’ memory linked to that airport or airline.
An active learning approach is taken by examining specific case-studies and discussing best practice ideas both from this sector and from leading experts in other service-based industries.
Upon course completion, an online assessment must be successfully completed by participants in order to receive a Certificate of Completion.
- Customer facing employees working with an airline or at an airport
- Airline/airport passenger experience managers, supervisors, and team members responsible for customer facing personnel
- Anyone interested in pursuing a career in the aviation industry
2 hours 30minutes, Free form.
On-screen instructor supported with animations, selected YouTube videos, Podcasts and Interactive Games.
90-day window to finish the course
On completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- understand what service excellence is, and how it can be translated to their daily tasks
- acquire the necessary knowledge and skills to interact and empathize with passengers and approach challenging situations with confidence
- adopt a positive ‘in-the-passenger shoes’ mindset
- improve personal communication skills
- recover effectively from a service failure and turn it into an opportunity to improve
- create memorable moments by knowing and understanding the evolving passenger needs and expectations