What the Course is About
Welcome to our comprehensive training program on Aircraft Weight and Balance! This course is designed to equip you with the knowledge and skills necessary to understand, calculate, and manage aircraft weight and balance effectively. It is divided into two synchronous modules delivered over 4 days, where the students can interact directly with the instructor an their peers. In the EASA world, specfically within Air Operations Regulation CAT.POL.MAB.100 (b), the aircraft operator must determine the aircraft’s weight and center of gravity through physical weighing before it is put into service initially, and subsequently at intervals of either four years for individual aircraft weights or nine years for fleet weights.
Module 1: Aircraft Weight and Balance – Introduction
In Module 1, we’ll start by laying a strong foundation. We’ll introduce you to the fundamental concepts of aircraft weighing and the essential legal requirements governing this critical aspect of aviation. You’ll become well-acquainted with the documentation from industry giants like Airbus and Boeing, and you’ll learn the vital steps involved in aircraft preparation and the aircraft weighing process. Most importantly, you’ll grasp how the position of the aircraft’s center of gravity (CG) and its weight profoundly influence aircraft performance.
Module 2: Aircraft Weight and Balance – Analysis
Module 2 takes you further into the heart of aircraft weight and balance. Here, you’ll acquire the skills and knowledge required to compile precise aircraft weight and balance parameters, starting from the readings on aircraft weighing scales. This hands-on module will empower you to confidently analyze and manage weight and balance data, ensuring the safety and efficiency of aircraft operations.
Throughout this course, you will have the opportunity to engage directly with our experienced instructor and fellow students, fostering an interactive and collaborative learning environment.
So, whether you’re a budding aviation enthusiast, a pilot, an aircraft maintenance professional, or anyone interested in understanding the critical role of weight and balance in aviation, we invite you to join us on this educational journey.
- CAMO / Airworthiness Engineers
- Aircraft Maintenance Technicians
- Licenced Aircraft Maintenance Engineers (B1/C)
- Compliance Monitoring Auditors
- Flight Crew interested in a deeper understanding of the subject
The course is will be given through a ZOOM session.
Choose from the following sessions:
- 23-26 October 2023, 4pm – 8pm
- 05-08 February 2024, 4pm – 8pm
If you cannot make it on any of these dates contact email@example.com.
More sessions will be organised on a regular basis.
- The Learner shall be able to outline the basic legal requirements related to Aircraft Weighing
- The Learner will be able to briefly describe the effect of aircraft CG position on aircraft performance.
- The Learner will be familiar with the Airbus and Boeing’s Aircraft Weight and Balance Manuals
- The Learner will be able to use the necessary documentation when performing aircraft weighing.
- The Learner will know how to prepare an Aircraft for weighing.
- The Learner will know about Aircraft Balasting and Stability on ground.
- The Learner will know how to compute Aircraft Weight and Balance parameters from Scale Readings.
- The Learner will be able to apply to knowledge imparted when performing aircraft weighing procedures on Airbus and Boeing Aircraft, specifically (A320, A330, A340 and B737 Types).